HIQA Overview 2016
Posted on 26th May 2017
HIQA Overview of 2016 includes sections on Older People, Disability Services and Healthcare and illustrates examples of good practice and poor practice identified through the inspection process.
Continuing challenges facing services which were identified during 2016 include:
- an ageing population profile
- delayed access to acute and community healthcare services
- a service dominated by hospital care, as opposed to a more integrated health and social care service
- staff recruitment and retention difficulties
- being able to provide more community-based accommodation and services for people with disabilities
- gaps in services for at-risk and vulnerable children
- gaps in the regulation of services for people with disabilities and older people.
Read the full report...[pdf 1.1mb]