Every cent you give Third Age makes a huge difference in helping us to achieve our mission of enhancing the lives of older people through social engagement with their communities. We can’t operate without your help. There are lots of ways that you can fundraise; we’ll be with you every step of the way, giving you support, advice, and promotional materials to help you make your activity a success.
How do I start my fundraising?
- Call the Third Age Fundraising team Ruth or Yvonne on 046 955 7766 to talk through your ideas and plans.
- Ask for any assistance you may require including posters, collection boxes, tee-shirts and information on the services and programmes of Third Age.
- Decide on how you are going to raise the funds by either using Third Age sponsorship Cards or creating your own fundraising page on www.mycharity.ie – an effective, efficient and safe way to fundraise and a very easy way for people to sponsor you.
Who can I ask to sponsor me?
- We suggest you write down a list of potential sponsors – this could include friends, family, work colleagues, or even local schools, clubs and businesses.
What is my message?
- You need to let people know that you’re hoping to raise much needed funds for the support of Third Age and its programmes and services. If it is agreed between you and Third Age and the funds raised are for a specific Third Age programme or an emergency appeal, Third Age can assist you with the specific details you might like to give to your potential donors/ sponsors.
Will every single donation help?
- Yes, every cent you raise helps Third Age implement our programmes nationwide. Third Age is extremely grateful to people like you, who chose to fundraise for us. We cannot continue our work without your help, and the help of other Third Age voluntary fundraisers. Any contribution – no matter how big or small – will make a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable older people Third Age is helping. Don’t forget to thank your supporters, and make them feel good about sponsoring you and the cause you are supporting.