Getting Citizens Online
The Department's 'Getting Citizens Online Programme' is, in line with the National Digital Strategy, focused on encouraging and empowering citizens to participate fully in Ireland's digital economy and society.
As part of our involvement, Third Age are running classes in locations around the country including our head office in Summerhill, Co. Meath and Seniorline head office in Amiens St., Dublin 1.
The profile of the participants is 'non-liners' who have no experience in the online use and who are perhaps apprehensive about taking the first step to getting online and involved.
Trained tutors, learning tools with full support and back up will be provided. The training course for participants is 10 hours, covered over a five week period, with classes for 2 hours each week. There is a maximum of 10 participants on each course.
The 10 hour course is free and will be informative and fun.
Become a Third Age Volunteer Tutor and use your skills to help others who have no experience of the internet, Skype, online banking and shopping and much more.
If you are interested in joining a class as a learner or getting involved as a volunteer tutor, contact us at email@example.com or on 046 955 7766.
Find out more about attending a class in one of the locations below by getting in touch. Some of our classes are full at the moment, but we are accepting participants onto our waiting list.
Call us on 046 955 7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Castleknock Community Centre, Laurel Lodge Rd, Carpenterstown, Castleknock, Co. Dublin
- Thursday 14 September 2017, 1pm - 3pm
Clondalkin library, Monastery Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
- Thursday 9 November 2017, 12:30pm - 2:30pm
St Gabriels Community Centre, 3 St Gabriel's Rd, Clontarf, Dublin 3
All Hallows, Gracepark Rd, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Thursday 12 October 2017, 10am - 12pm
Le Cheile Centre, Collins Avenue East, Donnycarney, Dublin 5
The Fingal Centre, 5 Cardiffsbridge Rd, Finglas West, Dublin 11
St Columbas hall, Howth Co. Dublin
Lucan Library, Superquinn Shopping Centre, Newcastle Road, Lucan, Dublin
- Thursday 7 September 2017, 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Ozanam House, No.53 Mountjoy Square, West, Dublin 1
83 Amiens Street, Dublin 1
- Wednesday 11October 2017, 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday 11 October 2017, 2pm - 4pm
Broadford House, Broadford, Co. Kildare
- Monday 9 October 2017, 12pm - 2pm
Clane Parish Centre, Main Street, Clane
- Friday 15 September 2017, 10:30am - 12:30pm
Scoil Dara, Church St, Commons East, Co. Kildare
- Wednesday 11 October 2017, 9 am - 11am
Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
McAuley Place, Sallins Rd, Naas West, Naas, Co. Kildare
Newbridge Family Resource Centre, Dara Park, Piercetown, Newbridge, Co. Kildare
Magnet Training Centre, Mulholland Avenue, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Church of Ireland Parish centre, Dunboyne, Co. Meath
Pastoral Centre, Main St, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath
The Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstownbridge, Co. Meath
- Monday 9 October 2017, 3pm - 5pm
Kells People's Resource Centre, Old Carrick School, Lord Edward Street, Kells, Co. Meath
Navan Community Library, Navan, Co. Meath
Third Age Centre, New Road, Summerhill, Co. Meath
- Tuesday 19 September 2017, 2pm - 4pm
Avoca Community Hall, Kilmagig Lower, Avoca, Co. Wicklow
- Monday 18 September 2017,
St. Patrick’s Parish Centre, Church Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
Rathnew Community Centre, St Brigid's Hall, Rathnew, Co. Wicklow
Wicklow Scouts Hall, The Quays, Wicklow, Co Wicklow
- Thursday 21 September 2017,
Mullingar Library, Mullingar, County Westmeath.
- Friday 24th October 2017, 2pm - 4pm
- Download the participant handout for online banking [doc,26kb]
- Download the participant handout for online shopping [doc, 28kb]
Session one: Introduction to the internet
- Understanding the internet
- Getting online
- Using search engines
- Staying safe online
Session two: Introduction to email and online services
- Introduction to email
- Government services
- Conducting everyday transactions
Session three: Video calling and apps
- Skype and other video calling services
- Introduction to mobile apps
Session four & five:
Choose two of the following:
- Government online services
- Video, TV and radio online
- Shopping online
- Online banking basics
- Revision of a topic from a previous session