Getting Citizens Online
The Department's 'Getting Citizens Online Programme' is, in line with the National Digital Strategy, focused on encouraging and empowering citizens to participate fully in Ireland's digital economy and society.
As part of our involvement, Third Age are running classes in locations around the country including our head office in Summerhill, Co. Meath and Seniorline head office Dublin.
The profile of the participants is 'non-liners' who have no experience in the online use and who are perhaps apprehensive about taking the first step to getting online and involved.
Trained tutors, learning tools with full support and back up will be provided. The training course for participants is 10 hours, covered over a five week period, with classes for 2 hours each week. There is a maximum of 10 participants on each course.
The 10 hour course is free and will be informative and fun.
Become a Third Age Volunteer Tutor and use your skills to help others who have no experience of the internet, Skype, online banking and shopping and much more.
If you are interested in joining a class as a learner or getting involved as a volunteer tutor, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 046 955 7766.
Find out more about attending a class in one of the locations below by getting in touch. Some of our classes are full at the moment, but we are accepting participants onto our waiting list.
Call us on 046 955 7766 or email email@example.com
- Dunshaughlin: Parish Centre starting 9 January
- Lucan: Library starting 11 January
- Castleknock: Laurel Lodge Community Centre (class full)
- Dunboyne: Library starting 15 January
- Navan Road: Parish Centre starting 17 January
- Kildare Town: Parish Centre starting 31 January
- Download the participant handout for online banking [doc,26kb]
- Download the participant handout for online shopping [doc, 28kb]
Session one: Introduction to the internet
- Understanding the internet
- Getting online
- Using search engines
- Staying safe online
Session two: Introduction to email and online services
- Introduction to email
- Government services
- Conducting everyday transactions
Session three: Video calling and apps
- Skype and other video calling services
- Introduction to mobile apps
Session four & five:
Choose two of the following:
- Government online services
- Video, TV and radio online
- Shopping online
- Online banking basics
- Revision of a topic from a previous session